Biometrics Analysis Software for DataLINK/DataLOG
Biometrics Analysis Software (for DataLOG MWX8, W4X8,and DataLINK) includes the following new features added in Versions 8.5 thru 9:
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 compatible - both DataLOG & DataLINK
- You can time synchronize a single video file with the data collected
- Enhanced data export:
- Data extrapolation when different sampling frequencies have been used
- Data sub sampling for large data files
- The New Derived Windows which users will find helpful when analyzing data acquired from more than one unit. New features include data which can be cut from one or more traces allowing for data to be overlaid from different times within the same trace or different traces. You will be able to overlay Power Spectra from different times within the same trace or different traces, and up to 4 trace/trace (XY) graphs can be overlaid.
- New option to delete before and after a marked time
- New Snap To Max/Min option added to quickly mark the highest or lowest part of a trace.
- Export any number of traces in a recording using more than one unit.
- New Power Spectrum Option added to in-context menu; this allows a Power Spectrum to be displayed for any marked time.
- Enhanced Filters for use during a recording
Create and save Workspaces. A Workspace is the complete appearance of the application along with the settings used within the program. This includes:
- The names of all open data files
- The position and size of all windows
- The position, size and appearance of all application toolbars and tool windows
- Application preferences and options
- All markers and filters
- All zoom and scroll settings
Multiple workspaces may be saved. In addition, when the application is closed, the current complete workspace is automatically saved in a file called "Workspace when last closed".
The workspace with the associated data files may be saved as a ZIP file which can be extracted using many third party applications. This facilitates electronic mailing of the data analysis results.
Click image for larger view.
Expanded Results Table
The new Expanded Results Table shows all results of all channels simultaneously. Multiple traces/graphs/windows from a single file or from multiple files may be compared. The spreadsheet style table displays the following data for each trace:
- File Name
- Channel number
- Trace Title
- Filters used
- Scientific Units
- Start time in hrs:minutes:seconds.mS
- End time in hrs:minutes:seconds.mS
- Time Span
- Top marker (if applied) in engineering units
- Bottom Marker (if applied) in engineering units
- Difference Marker
- Over Excursions - number of excursions over the Top marker. The minimum time above the marker to count as an excursion is set by the user with a default value of 0.1 seconds
- Under Excursions - number of excursions below the Bottom marker. The minimum time below the marker to count as an excursion is set by the user with a default value of 0.1 seconds
- Start Value for time markers
- End Value for time marker
- Difference/sec for the marked time
- Trend - calculated using Linear Regression Analysis
- Maximum Value
- Time to Maximum
- Minimum Value
- Time to Minimum
- Mean Value
The Expanded Results Table may be copied to the clipboard and pasted into other applications, such as MS Excel, for further analysis and printing of results.
- Open an unlimited number of data files with the option to track the time axis across all files allowing display and analysis for a large number of channels.
- Waveform display in multiple windows and formats with full zoom, scroll, and area marking facilities, option to split, tile and cascade windows.
- Waveforms within the same window may be viewed overlaid or as separate traces. Easily toggle between the two views with a simple keystroke.
- Engineering units with custom scaling ability on all traces independently.
- Each recorded file is data and time stamped
- Full trace management (change line width, colour, background colour, etc.)
- Ability to set an unlimited number of vertical cursors (time markers) to a single trace, all traces in a window, and across multiple windows giving total flexibility. All values are shown simultaneously in the expanded results table.
- All vertical cursors may be altered via expanded results table by typing in time values to 0.001S giving maximum control.
- All horizontal cursors may be altered via expanded results table by typing in Y value to 0.01 giving maximum control.
- Up to six filters may be applied to each trace
- Copy filters set to a channel to all other channels in 1 simple operation
- A memory store & recall (2 memory settings) for the filters set to a channel to easily be applied to any other channel. These memory settings are kept stored indefinitely until changed by the user
- Filters include:
- EMG Work Done (new in v7)
- LPF 1st Order (new in v7)
- Acceleration (new in v7
- Median Frequency
- Mean Frequency
- Versatile Data Export for import into other applications for further analysis
- ASCII export of raw data
- ASCII export traces after filters have been applied in engineering units
- Wave file format
- Expanded ability to include text notes with data files
- Power Spectrum Graph
- X-Y graphs
- FFT high pass filters: remove DC, remove very low frequencies
- FFT window functions:
- Comprehensive Help menu that may be used as a tutorial for both the hardware and software operations.
Click image for larger view.
As soon as a file is opened it is displayed as a raw EMG file and may then be subject to any or all of the features listed above. The data may be left as a whole or truncated into smaller files of specific data for further analysis. Of course not only EMG data may be displayed at any one time. The Y axis may be labelled with any units governed by what sensors where connected at the time of recording, e.g. Kg or lbs for force or degrees for limb movement. These units are then saved with the file and automatically compute every time the file is reopened.
The digital inputs are displayed on a separate graph to the analog inputs. Using this facility during gait analysis, toe and heel contact and off may be obtained using the contact switch assembly type no. FS4.
The Display to the left shows a Workspace containing unfiltered EMG data (abdominal muscles) with Goniometer data (hip flexion/extension) and EMG Power Spectrum.