HumanCAD's plug-in architecture can support a variety of modules from NexGen. The following modules are currently available:
Advanced Functions Set
- Advanced mannequin representation with more realistic degree of freedom and more segments which include detailed spine model (18 versus 3), ulna-radius rotation
- Mannequin with customizable head variable using US Army 1988 and Canadian military database of 1997
- Mannequin skeleton representation
- More detailed shoulder model
- Collision detection
- Comfort zones
- Additional Discomfort/Comfort analysis
- Enhanced customized anthropometry
- Animation capability which includes collision detection and attached objects support. Animation module provides a choice of interpolation, option to save as a video file and an option to interface with selected ErgoTools (ErgoTools module required).
- Additional anthropometric databases:
- ANSUR I (1989) male and female
- ANSUR II (2012) male and female
- Canadian Army LF (1997) male and female
- CSUM (for CAESAR summary data) for male and female
Selections of nodes even at the vertebrae level for inverse kinematics
Click thumbnail images to see larger versions.
Skeleton representations of both standard and advanced mannequins
With the optional CADExchange module, HumanCAD customers can import IGES, STEP & STL file formats and export IGES, STEP, STL and DWF file formats. The IGES v5.3 and STEP (AP203 and AP214) formats are supported.
DXF, FBX, OBJ, OSG, OSGB, OSGT, OSGX, IVE, and 3DS file format support come standard with HumanCAD.
ErgoTools is an optional HumanCAD module that includes:
- Three-dimensional biomechanical model with predictions of the entire body
- Interface with University of Michigan's 3D SSPP model
- Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation
- Energy Expenditure
- Snook and Mital tables
Create digital mannequins of children from a variety of age groups from 2 to 19 years of age.
HumanCAD is a registered trademark of NexGen Ergonomics Inc.
CADExchange is a trademark of NexGen Ergonomics Inc.